Coreldraw

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there any coreldraw on mac? If not then is there any similar application as coreldraw for mac?

thanks

Shads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Corel Draw was made a years back but is no longer supported or updated on the Mac

The nearest things are Adobe Illustrator, or if you are strapped for cash the open source Inkscape is still a great vector creation and drawing app

C

chas_m

"great" being a relative term there.

Corel Painter and CorelCAD are still available for Mac, but CorelDRAW for Mac was last produced in 2002 (I wrote a review of it, actually).

You can of course run CorelDRAW on your Mac anyway, using the Windows version and a virtualiser program like VirtualBox, Parallels or VMWare Fusion (I should think the latter would be your best bet). The latter two programs have "integration" modes where the Windows app appears to just open and run like a normal Mac program, making its use fairly seamless.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi chas_m

Well, i have VMWare but it slows down the system and effects other problems stability. So i wasn't really comfortable using this method.

I downloaded Inkscape and am trying it out at the moment. Will also purchase Adobe Illustrator and give that a shot. I already have the Adobe Photoshop CS5.

Still hoping Coreldraw would create a newer version for Mac, I think the old version available is the Coreldraw 11 i believe. I didn't like it at all. Over all coreldraw is a great graphics program. Am a long time user.

Thanks for the response.

Regards

C

chas_m

Well, i have VMWare but it slows down the system and effects other problems stability. So i wasn't really comfortable using this method.

There's also a Boot Camp-created Windows partition that would probably solve the problem, but that's up to you if you want to go that route.

Still hoping Coreldraw would create a newer version for Mac

Never say never -- what with all the marketshare Apple is picking up -- but I'm not very hopeful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.