install Windows 7 Ultimate on bootcamp, SP1 ISO is okay as the ISO image?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 2GB RAM 500GB HD OS X Lion 10.7.3
I'm trying to install Windows on Boot Camp of my Mac mini 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 2GB RAM 500GB HD OS X Lion 10.7.3.

I purchased a license of Windows 7 Ultimate and received the license and a CD. I tried to install it twice unsuccessfully, and then I realized the CD contains,not the ISO file, but the bootable disc, which is not what I need.:\

So I have been searching online to see where I can download the ISO image file, and I
downloaded "Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 ISO X17-24394.iso (bootable)" from here Windows 7 With Service Pack 1 Direct Download Links [Official DigitalRiver]
What I need to know is if this one is okay (is it the "Windows 7 ISO image" which Boot Camp Assistant says I needs?), or do I have to find another one that does not include the SP1?

Also, if I go ahead and install Windows 7 with bootcamp, and decide to buy VMWare Fusion (which I understand works with the bootcamp partition) in a few days, will I have to re-intall it again when installing VMWare Fusion?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
A bootable disc is EXACTLY what you need to install Windows under Bootcamp.

What was the problem?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I purchased a license of Windows 7 Ultimate and received the license and a CD. I tried to install it twice unsuccessfully, and then I realized the CD contains,not the ISO file, but the bootable disc, which is not what I need.:\!
As mrplow noted, this is exactly what you need. In fact, using an ISO to install Windows through BC would be difficult (if at all possible).

You mentioned that it didn't work. Any error messages? What is it about the install that didn't work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.