Migration Assistant stuck - interrupted connection

Reaction score
I am running Migration Assistant over wifi transferring music files (about 30gb?) from PC to a new MBP.

Stupidly, I didn't realize that the MBP was not plugged in when I went to bed last night. MBP went to sleep at some point and when I got up this morning Migration Assistant on the PC had some error message and said it needed to close. MBP, when plugged in and woken up, showed the Migration Assistant screen, no error message. There is still a progress bar but it's not moving and the estimated time has been stuck at 1h35 (when it was actually running I know this number fluctuated often with the connection speed).

So clearly it has stopped transferring and the two computers are no longer connected.

I've been searching online and can't figure out what to do.

Any advice? Thanks in advance....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My advice would be to start over but don't use wireless. Connect the machines via ethernet or use a removable flash drive or hard drive to do the transfer. If all you're doing is transferring music from the PC to the new MBP it would be faster and easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.