Smart/eID card reader Dectel does not show up

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I just bought a Smart Card Reader (Dectel CI692), for being able to read my eID card and work with some regulatory applications in Belgium.

The eID program available on eid.belgium.be runs the first part, installing application elements correctly but then, when the installation program asks for connecting the reader, I connect, but the reader is never detected, and the installation programs hangs there, stupidly waiting for a detection that does not come...

I would expect Mac OS to detect the reader, but it does not... Then, I guess I should install some Dectel Driver, but I can't find any for Mac OS X (I'm running Lion).

Anyone got a clue on what to do??

Thanks in advance.

Axt

Reaction score
Fixed

Tried everything possible and since I Installed the Realtek drivers from this source it works:
Realtek

see Vendor ID under USB in the hardware info: "Vendor ID: 0x0bda (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)"

Hope this helps you too!

Reaction score
it works thanks to Axt

I had exactly the same problem as rvanlier. I tried the solution proposed by Axt and it works perfectly well ! You have to download the "USB smart card reader patch for Mac OS X" under the section "other".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.