Why am I repeatedly asked for a password when connected to wifi router?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
At home I have been using my wifi connection to send and receive e-mails but I keep on being asked to enter the password.

Is this a router problem or a problem with the iPhone? In either case does anybody out there have a solution please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
is it the wifi password or your email password you're prompted for?

Reaction score
Interesting! I'm having the same behaviour on my pretty new 27" iMac. From the beginning there were issues with the Wifi being dropped on a regular basis. Apparently this was a software issues and this just got addressed recently with a software update. I don't have problems of the wifi dropping so much anymore, but it's asking me for the password every time I'm turning the iMac on or waking it up from sleep. It's definitely added to known networks and ever time I'm entering the password I'm making sure it's set to remember the password.

If anybody has some ideas, that would be great :)

PS: My iPhone, iPad or mid 2008 MBP don't have those problems.

C

chas_m

In both cases, repairing or resetting the Keychain (using Keychain Access) will likely fix the problem.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Password required

In both cases, repairing or resetting the Keychain (using Keychain Access) will likely fix the problem.

Thanks chas_m. Two points.

1. Applecare seem to think this problem relates to the iPhone 3g.
2. The iPhone doesn't show in Keychain access at all, although other devices do

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.