Weird screen problem on macbook

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 2009 13 inch Macbook aluminum and yesterday, all the sudden a vertical strip about 1.5'' appeared on the left-center of the screen (see pics). When I tilt the screen I can get it to go away....for now...but I know this is just honeymoon. It kind of randomly pops up. It seems to have everything to do with the movement of the screen, like it responds to it. I have never ever had one problem with this computer in the 3 years I have owned it, and I am sad because I don't have Applecare, because this thing was bought at BestBuy. I didn't do that, my dad did. I hate BestBuy. And naturally, my warranty with them ran out a couple weeks ago. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Is it going to cost a million dollars? I am so sad for my computer :(

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We need to find out whether this is a problem with the LCD circuitry or the graphics chipset. Attach an external monitor or TV to your MacBook and try to reproduce the symptom. If the same things occurs on the external monitor that means it's graphics related. If not, it's likely a problem with the LCD or related circuitry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.