iCloud E-mail Account Always Shows 2 E-mails

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and using Apple Mail. My iCloud mailbox always shows that there are two messages in it (red circle with "2" in it). For the life of me, I cannot find these two messages, so I can delete them. I've deleted all messages in the account, but that red number never goes away. I would appreciate any advice.
Thanks!

C

chas_m

Sign into iCloud from a web browser. Sort the mail there by unread status. That should bring the two unread mails to the top. Delete them (or whatever).

OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have done that already, and there is no mail at all in iCloud account! Nothing anywhere in any of the folders, and yet that mail indicator never goes away. On further examination, it appears that there are 2 unread messages that are invisible--that is, not showing in the inbox. How does one get these to show up, so that they can be deleted or marked as "read?" Thanks!

OP
C
Reaction score
Actually, the best solution for this is to take the MBP to the Apple Store Genius Bar, which is what I did, and the problem was fixed in just a few minutes!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.