MacBook Battery problems

Reaction score
so I've got a problem that I haven't been able to figure out with my Macbook and that has to do with the battery. First off, the specs:

This is a model: Macbook1,1 running 10.6.8 and it has a bum battery (device name: ASMB013.) When I plug in the charger cord the icon usually changes and when I unplug the cord it usually switches over to the battery icon. I say usually because the battery is bad and sometimes it doesn't do this. Sometimes I can get an hour or so out of it, but sometimes it won't charge at all and it won"t run off of the battery for even a minute. Fine, I need a new battery and that makes sense.

Now I have a battery from a different Macbook (It was a first generation Macbook). When I had that Macbook this battery worked fine. It would charge up fully and discharge fully and I could get a good hour and a half or two out of it consistently. Now when I try to swap that battery in for my old dead one, the Macbook doesn't recognize it at all. I just get the x'd out battery icon. I haven't been able to find anything on the web about compatability problems within the Macbook generation, but this is what I suspect is happening. Before I just give up and fork over the 100 bucks or so for a new battery, I wanted to make sure that there's not something that I can do to make my Macbook recognize that other battery.

Things I've tried so far:
resetting the SMC
Resettign the PRAM
Re-calibrating the battery

Any ideas?

(Also here are my system specs:)

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name:Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed:2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores:2
L2 Cache:2 MB
Memory:2 GB
Bus Speed:667 MHz
Boot ROM Version:MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.4f12
Serial Number (system):4H625CPUU9C

Battery Information:
Manufacturer: DP
Device Name: ASMB013
Pack Lot Code: 0001
PCB Lot Code: 0000
Firmware Version: 0102
Hardware Revision:0300
Cell Revision: 0100

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.