iPhone 4 (5.0.1) Not booting past apple logo

S

Shine9585

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble, earlier today I downloaded SwitcherMod, and then SwitcherPlus through cydia, then my iphone froze just before the return to cydia button should have replaced the cancel button, and I had to do a hard reset, since then I've been stuck on the silver apple boot logo.

I'm hoping to avoid having to do a restore, but I'm running out of ideas.

The main thing i keep reading for this sort of problem to ssh into the phone and remove the offending files, the only problem is that I cant ssh as the phone doesnt reach wifi loading stage. If anyone knows a program i could use to ssh in that would be handy as I know what i'm looking to remove (i hope)

Other things I have tried are re-jailbreaking, and a tethered boot - no luck with either.
also, the Automatic SSH ramdisk creation tool wouldnt start on my mac (OSX 10.5.8)

I dont have anything too precious on the phone that I would lose, Icloud and itunes have most things covered, but I'd really rather not as i havent backed up in a while.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Stu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If its stuck at a boot loop, restoring is probably your only option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.