• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

IDVD doesn't find Final Cut Express Chapters

Reaction score
I use Final Cut express for editing home video, most of which I archive as computer video files (.dv and .mov) rather than DVD because I don't want any compression I can avoid.
However, I just cleaned up an hour long cabaret performance which I want to burn to DVD with chapter marks for each song. Adding the marks in FCE was no sweat. I exported HD video as a SD .mov file. iDVD has on option preferences - "Create chapter submenus"- which I checked, as per an Apple video tutorial online. It is then supposed to recognize chapter marks (which include titles) from video in which they were created.
It doesn't. When I tried to go the design route it didn't see them. When I went with the "One Step DVD" option, it wrote the .mov file to the DVD without any chapters.
I'm running in Snow Leopard and using the latest and last version of FCE4 and version 7.2 of iDVD, which I presume came with the Snow Leopard since it is not in iLife. I haven't tracked versions of iDVD.
Any ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
Gundor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.