Deleting bookmarks - Firefox and Safari

Reaction score
I have way too many bookmarks. I really need to delete those that have been there forever and are not being used. How can I delete unwanted bookmarks?
I Googled deleting Firefox bookmarks and it said I needed to right-click. As a forever Mac user, I don't have a right click on my mouse.

Please help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Right click = Control + click. You can also set your mouse to have a right click - set that in System Preferences > Mouse.

You can also two finger tap your trackpad (if applicable). You may have to set the two finger tap in System Preferences > Trackpad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Macs have had right click for a while. You need to enable it in the mouse preferences to USE the right click. Or... you can choose to hold down control and click (which will perform the same thing).

OP
C
Reaction score
Right click

Thanks. How have I used a MAC all these years and never learned that? Crazy.
Carol Ann

Reaction score
And to answer your question:
Firefox - show all bookmarks, select the ones you want to delete, press delete.
Safari - click the little book, select the ones you want to delete, press delete.
Or right(control)-click link, select delete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Macs have had right click for a while. You need to enable it in the mouse preferences to USE the right click.
But...

As a forever Mac user, I don't have a right click on my mouse.

I take that to mean that the OP has a one-button mouse. Also, with the capability to change the mouse buttons for left or right handed users, the generic term is "secondary click". Not trying to make anything of it, just random information...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
But...

I take that to mean that the OP has a one-button mouse. Also, with the capability to change the mouse buttons for left or right handed users, the generic term is "secondary click". Not trying to make anything of it, just random information...

Assuming that it's a modern Mac.. they all sure LOOK like a 1 button mouse anyway ;)

I'd say the # of people who think that Macs are only 1 button.. is still the majority of people out there.. given how often I run across the comment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.