Best economy router with guest networking?

Reaction score
Hey, all-

I'm heading down to an orphanage in Central America in a couple of weeks and just found out that I need to take down a couple of wireless routers to set up a new network that connects a dormitory for visitors and the main living area/classrooms for the children.

I am looking for an economical router (sub $100 range) that will allow me to set up the network with a solid wireless range, establish a guest network, and allow me to extend the network from the main building to a dormitory via a wired connection that spans about 100'. The expanded network has to be wired due to the block construction which virtually shuts down the network at the exterior walls of the main building.

It needs to be something that can be administered relatively easily as I will be leaving all of the equipment in the hands of the nationals when I leave.

As I use almost exclusively AEBS units in my networks, I'm really clueless as to what is good quality outside the apple family of products.

Any thoughts?

Muchas gratias!

OP
I
Reaction score
Maybe we can go this route:

Does anyone have experience with this Netgear router? It appears to do everything I need it to:

NETGEAR N600 Wireless-N Dual Band Router WNDR3400

wndr3400

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.