Problem with CD for Windows Installation

Reaction score
Hello! I am trying to put Windows onto my iMac computer. Unfortunately, my Windows disk I purchased a while back got corrupt somehow and every time I try to download the Windows stuff normally through the installation disk, it gives me an error about corrupt and/or missing files. As a result, I resorted to other means of getting a download disk. I purchased a pack of 10 4.5gb DVD disks (I was told DVD disks are better than CD disks because they are faster?) and got the .iso file for the Windows setup from Microsoft itself. I have my activation key and all and I made sure everything was okay. I burned the information from the .iso file onto the disk and tried to restart my computer.

Now here comes the problem: When I start up my computer, I don't have the option to boot up from the disk that is in my SuperDrive. I've tried holding the C key immediately after starting up my computer but that does not work. It just takes me to a blank command prompt. I've tried holding the Option key down also to see if it would allow me to start it up from there, but it was only my Recovery disk or my Mac HD hardrive to boot up my Mac as usual.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem? I REALLY WANT MY WINDOWS BACK </3 :(.

----------

E: I have some new information.

Okay, so I went into System Preferences -> Startup Disk, and the first time, with the "corrupt or missing files" Windows installation disk, I got this:

With.png

When I put in my semi-homemade Windows installation disk, I just got this:

Without.png

I have no idea why it isn't showing my disk that I made. What should I do? It has the installation files on it but the computer won't accept it or something :(.

Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Must be a problem with posting too. Get everything up and running?

OP
L
Reaction score
Are you talking about the thread? If you are then yes, I can view it now. But I have not been able to get Windows running if that's what you're implying.

I'm sorry, I feel pretty stupid not knowing what you mean xD.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moderated due to the images you posted. I approved the post after viewing the images. Now on to your problem:

Are you sure you burned the ISO correctly to the DVD? If it won't boot, it either hasn't been burned correctly or you're having problems with your optical drive.

OP
L
Reaction score
How should I check if it was burned correctly?

------

E: Other idea.

Or perhaps link me to some sort of software or a proper .img or .iso file that will make my computer recognize that it is the installation disk for Windows.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Other means? Hope you do not mean a pirated download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.