Playing games on Macintosh HD, click and drag not working?

Reaction score
So I've had my Mac HD for maybe a year and a half to two years. I like playing online computer games, but for the last half year or so, I couldn't click and drag in my games anymore. In ANY games at all, and that makes it extremely difficult for me to play my favourite games. It really, really bugs me nowadays, because I REALLY want to play my games again.

OP
L
Reaction score
Sorry. That's honestly all I know what to write, I have almost no idea why this is happening. I thought before that maybe it's because my laptop has so much data in it, but that's probably a slim chance. What other information could I put?

C

chas_m

Model of Mac and year made, Version of OS, what specifically you mean by "online games", what may have happened a half year ago that could have contributed to the problem (ie system upgrade, etc) ...

At a wild guess, try upgrading your Flash and Java to the latest versions for your system. For a link to the Java I'll have to wait till you tell me what version of the OS you have, for Flash you should check here:

Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

PS. If your hard drive is getting full, that's generally A Bad Thing. For best performance I'd suggest keeping at least 20-30GB free at ALL times, more if possible.

OP
L
Reaction score
A lot of things I'm not sure of, since my school gave it to me. By online games, I mean like games on Kongregate, basically on any sort of gaming website. Nothing particular has ever happened to this laptop, besides for dropping it a few times. Even then, the click-and-drag has worked.

I'm not sure what version I have, but I got Lion a few months ago. I know having little space in my hard drive is bad. I've wanted to buy CleanMyMac, but living in boarding school, it's hard to get your parents to buy it for you. I'm working on that.

C

chas_m

I can't recommend CleanMyMac, or MacKeeper, or any of that sort of stuff. Usually causes more problems than it fixes. What you really need to do is get an external HD (or at least a USB thumb drive) and move off any of the excess stuff (usually videos) that are taking up too much space on the boot drive. Even if stuff like CleanMyMac actually worked, the savings would be minimal and a month or two later you'd be in the same mess. Throw out stuff you don't use or need or have watched, park the media files on another drive as much as possible if you're running low on space. Believe me it makes a real difference to how well the Mac performs when you have 20GB or more free space.

Ah, a boarding school guy! Heh, I was one of those a million years ago ... when the Earth was still cooling ...

Anyway, IIRC Kongregate uses Flash, so that seems to be the problem. I haven't been on that site for a while but I used to enjoy Monsters' Den and Book of Dread a lot. Just checking it now I'm getting a Flash error message, I'll check my settings and report back.

C

chas_m

So apparently the devs of some Kongregate games are super lazy. My Flash (the latest version) works fine on newer games (Several Journeys of Reemus 4) but not on the older games. Annoying.

OP
L
Reaction score
I'm sort of an amateur photographer. I take thousands of sports photos and hoard them in my HD. Boarding school girl, actually. I also play Book of Dread, btw.

But it's not only with Kongregate, it's other sites like Armour Games and such. Also, some of the Flash games have a "different" mouse, and the mouse doesn't move unless I click a spot on the game. So what exactly would the problem be? Do I need to update the Flash, or is it the game's problems?

OP
L
Reaction score
I used the Demo version of CleanMyMac, it seemed to work fine. And I do have a HD, since I'm an amateur photographer and like to hoard thousands of sports photos of my school's teams. And I'm actually a boarding school girl, strangely enough.

So would you say it's the game's problems, not mine? Because some of the games on Armour Games and such don't work either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.