SMC reset issue

Reaction score
I have a mid 2009 macbook pro, and i had an issue with the charger this morning as i plugged it in it stayed green and it was not charging so i figured id pull it out and try again, and this time it did not light up at all so i assumed faulty charger i went out, and bought a new one 85w, and it would not light up either.. So i was reading on battery problems and to try an SMC reset so i did. The new charger would light up green then turn red, and smc would run normally, but aboout 1/5 of the way into the load of the SMC reset my macbook will shut itself off, and the light on the charger will turn off.. I'm not sure what's going on, and my macbook isn't under warranty anymore, and now my computer is stuck in SMC reset mode..

How much would it cost to get this fixed? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like your battery may be defective. Download the free coconutBattery application and let's see what it says about your battery. Download from here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.