• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Third-gen iPad reportedly shows inaccurate battery level while charging

Reaction score
Third-gen iPad reportedly shows inaccurate battery level while charging

A report alleges that the third-generation iPad continues to draw a significant amount of wattage after displaying a "100%" battery level, and claims that the device actually finishes the charging cycle some two hours after "prematurely reporting" a full charge.
mf.gif

a2t.img

Read more

Reaction score
Possibly when it is on and charging, the 80% "fast" charge is displayed as 100%. If it is off it may be more accurate.

I think devices do this anyway, my iPod classic has a low battery, if you plug it in for only like 30 Min. and unplug it, typically shows half or more though I don't believe it. People don't usually drain batteries all the way, but if it looks threatening they become more conservative with the use.

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised considering the 4s battery is so messed up. Sometimes after charging it all night it only says 97%.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.