Random Applications crashing

Reaction score
Lately safari and skype and a random programs that i have open wll just close down and then give me an error message, (i wish i would have copied it after) it keeps happening. and asks if i want to reopen. or send a report.

is there anyone having this issue? and how do i fix this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Two suggestions. How full is your hard drive and have you booted from the install/Recovery discs and ran Repair Disk from there?

OP
A
Reaction score
i have most of everything on an external hard drive, i still have 682.47 GB free on the hard drive.
no i have not tried rebooting from the disks, if i do that wont it b like i just got the computer and loose all the stuff i have on here? i have some adobe programs on here that someone put on my laptop. i dont want to loose those...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No.

Pop in the install disc, reboot and hold down 'C", leave installer and go to Utilities >Disk Utility and run Repair Disk from there. If all is well back to the Installer and select Quit and close down. You will have not erased or formatted the drive.

If you are using Lion with no bootable USB thumb drive, use the Lion Recovery Assistant.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1161664/hands_on_with_lion_recovery_disk_assistant.html

OP
A
Reaction score
im using leopard macbook pro version 10.6.8
i went into utilities > disk utility and did the repair disk permissions.. i will try this..

OP
A
Reaction score
it did not give me the option to close, it wanted me to run the disk.

i think the setup is different from lion. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
Nooooooo! Mackeeper can cause problems. Search the forums for Mackeeper. Stay as far away from Mackeeper as you can.

OP
A
Reaction score
so i should delete it off my system then.. what tools are good for updates like so? for virus and such?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
I would remove MacKeeper. That being said, ONYX is a good, free software program that is useful for routine maintenance. I use it and a number of people on the forum use it. You can find Onyx here:

Titanium's Software • Home

There really should be no need for any antivirus program on your Mac, provided you stay away from "nefarious" type websites or deal with bittorrent sites.

Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.