Is it bad to change the time in the clock?

Reaction score
I've been doing a bit of travel lately, and I typically change the clock to reflect the timezone I'm in. This sometimes involves even changing the day (depending on how long the flight is). Is there ever a problem from changing the time frequently? I wonder if it somehow interferes with regularly schedules processes the computer does automatically. I'm using Mac OS Lion.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There should be no problem changing the system clock. However, what I suggest you might think about... is to download one of the World Clock applications. That would allow you to keep your Mac's clock set on your home time and the world clock for whatever time zone you happen to be in.

Check them out at this LINK.

Reaction score
Or you could use the world clock in Dashboard. You can have more than one there at a time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.