service plan

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
should I buy the 3 year service plan for a mac book pro?

There's really no correct answer...it's totally a personal choice.

- Basically if you buy it & never need it...then someone may think..."What a waste of money!":(
- But if you buy it & need to have something major repaired or replaced...then someone will think..."WOW...I'm sure glad I got it!":)

Also be aware that Applecare only covers manufacturing defects. It does not cover accidents, liquid spills, or batteries that wear out via normal use.

- Nick

C

chas_m

Some people would say it's worth the cost for the piece of mind, but as Pigoo says it's a personal decision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
i first refused to buy it when i got my macbook pro... now i´m 37 days before the end of my warranty and i think i need it - although it´s that expensive :(
just after i had the macbook my main board was replaces - it was 430 euros - covered easily the costs of apple care. what in the next two years? i definitely need the computer for my work so i´m afraid something happens and the repair might be a lot...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.