Recovering lost clip help!

Reaction score
Hi,
One of the users at school where i work accidently deleted a link/clip to a movie project that was just about to get completed. The Mac's hard drive was completely full so they started deleted stuff that was no longer required, to make space to burn the project to disk. The accidently deleted a clip and now the project has a yellow triangle in the corner. It has been emptied from trash too.

I have been working day/night to recover this .mov clip, i have used Stellar phonex, Data resue 2 and Data rescue 3 which boots from start up claiming it has more chance of recovery this way. I have done different levels of scans from each software too. None of these softwares have found the clip/s i am desperately needing back, when it has recovered i have spent hours carefully going through them and haven't found what i am looking for. It did however find 6 jpg images which i couldn't understand as no photos were taken so why would there be jpg's? anyway thats it i just dont know what else to do and why i have been unable to recover this clip when it has recovered others?

Have you any suggestions, any success rate recovery software that you know of? any help would be appreciated, thanks very much.
sid

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry, but it looks like you're going to have to re-do that movie clip. Since Data Rescue 3 and the other software were unable to find it, it has probably been overwritten and lost forever. The only "possible" way to get it back would cost you $$$ and time. (Professional Data Recovery Service)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.