i_sight

Reaction score
hi , i bought an i_sight for my iBook
G4 but i cannot figure out if i can use it or not, any help would be appreciated

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hi , i bought an i_sight for my iBook
G4 but i cannot figure out if i can use it or not, any help would be appreciated

Well...I always scratch my head when I read about someone buying something that they are not sure will work with their computer.;) Usually it's a good idea to confirm compatibility before purchasing. Maybe you got it for $10 bucks at a yard sale...and didn't have time for research.;)

Anyways...when you say "i-sight" do you mean one of these?:

415EJAKBZ9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I happen to have an original i-sight camera box and instruction manual...and the system requirements are:

- a Macintosh computer with a minimum of a G3 cpu at 600mhz or greater...or any G4 or G5 cpu.
- Mac OS 10.3 or later

I'm guessing that your G4 iBook meets these requirements...so it should pretty much be "Plug & Play".:) If not...here's a link that may contain some info to help get it operating:

Apple - Support - iSight

HTH,

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
FYI...thread has been moved to a more appropriate sub-forum...not really a switcher topic. Thanks

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.