iOS 5.1 messing up iPads ability to see their sim cards?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OP
A
Reaction score

No official link yet.

I found this happened to my iPad2 after installing the update.

I tried everything regular like rebooting, removing card, replacing card etc. I even bought a new sim card. What bugs me is that it works every now and again for a few minutes leading me to initially think that my iPad was broken.

So, when I changed the SIM; it actually worked for about an hour and then stopped working again.

I googled it and found that many people have been affected by the same problem. But strangley, not everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I googled it and found that many people have been affected by the same problem. But strangley, not everyone.

That's the kind of link I'm after. Never heard of this as an issue and couldn't find any obvious info about it.

Which network?

OP
A
Reaction score
That's the kind of link I'm after. Never heard of this as an issue and couldn't find any obvious info about it.

Which network?

Here is a thread on this forum about the problem: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ios-apps/269160-no-sim-card-message-after-ios-5-1-update.html

I am on Mobinil, Egypt. My iPad2 came from the UK and is not hacked in any way. All my updates come from Apple.

I made the same post on facebook. People have answered saying that they are fine; while friends in Finland are also having issues.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thread moved here to appropriate forum. Does not belong in Rumors.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.