iPhoto 11 - It Merged ALL my Events into 1 Event! HELP!!

Reaction score
I have been a PC/Networking Tech since the days of Dos 4.2 and if you had a MAC like me it had to floppy drives built into it if you was lucky. Anyways i never really took off with Mac as I did Windows...or MS since I was all about DOS and HATED Windows95 (It took away my Dos Environment and left me with a "Dos Shell".
Enough of that - Over the past year I took a major liking to Apple Products so much I pretty much completely converted everything to apple. I now have an 2011 iMAC Quad Core, 2010 MacBook Pro i7 2.66, Time Capsule (1TB), Apple Tv 1st and 2nd Gen, iPhone 4&4s, ipod Touch 4thGen, and finally my iPAD2 and "The New iPAD"(aka 3rd Gen).

iPhoto 11 - I had like around 12,000 pictures within folders of folders all stored and somewhat-not really sorted that I clicked the entire folder bringing all the subfolders and pictures and dropped it onto the iPhoto 11 Dock Icon Importing them all. That worked good, I auto split the events into the biggest time frame I could which If I remember is a week?? Since about %80 of the pictures are dated correctly I figured I would start off sorting them by Month/Year(Jan2010, Feb2010...Jan2011) and so on. It took some time because after auto splitting as much as possible I would still have 2 months of pictures in the same event so I had to go into the event and "CUT" the next months pictures into their own Month/Year event. I had finally got it SOMEWHAT cleaned up.
**PROBLEM** I then installed iPhoto onto my iPAD2 (i think this is what did it) and when I went into iphoto a couple of days later I pull up the EVENT listing and they've all MERGED into 1 EVENT!
I Want to be able to AUTOSPLIT the 1 big event back into Month/Year and iPhoto 11 doesn't have that option.
-=Does anyone know of an application that works with iPhoto that will sort my photos into Events by Month/Year??=-
-Anyone have any iDea's as to what I might be able to do to get this mess cleaned up again?

I'm still somewhat new with it - so please be easy in describing any solutions. I am a fast learner so not too slow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.