Hard drive issue.. Please help!!

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2007 MacBook pro, which WAS running perfectly.
But over the last 3 months I have been running out of hard drive space which
Has slowed down my system and stopped me from saving files, so I decided to
Invest in an Iomega 1.5tb external hard drive and this is is where my problems start.I was trying to create space on my macs hard drive by moving various large files such as iTunes and alot of my videos and photos on to the new drive, but when doing this I have somehow managed to move my macs hard drive accidently onto the new drive, whilst this was going on I hadn't realised my mac was not plugged into the mains so the battery ran out!
On starting my mac back up with the power back on I now get a flashing apple logo with a folder and ? Symbol, I have tried several different methods of restarting with the control key and I have mange to get a screen with the hardisk icon but I am still unable to restart my mac, I have also kept the external hard drive connected while trying this start up method but for some reason the mac will not recognise it.
Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
not sure which os you have on your mac? can you start in recovery mode? or in secure mode?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.