My story and please check my activity monitor for keyloggers etc...

Reaction score
can you delete posts here?
I have quite a high tech stalker online, I may be just imagining him installing something on my computer but trust me he is dangerous and it's highly possible.

I need to know whether he has installed any malicious software on my computer. I have used Macscan and it generally comes back with no spyware but maybe about 6 tracking cookies.
called > ad.yieldmanager.com I understand these maybe to do with advertising but I'm not 100% sure.

Late last year I was in my MAIL application and suddenly it wasn't pulling emails anymore, I went to my gmail account and I couldn't sign in. I *think* it said I changed my password an hour ago. I mucked around with it for about half an hour and seemed to gain control back and added two step verification.

Nothing sus seem to happen after that.
Moving on a bit my computer starting having a few issues then completely blacked out, I took it to the mac guys and they said it was my logic board and replaced it. Since the board has been replaced when gmail is open in safari (only) there are somewhat random blinks/screenshots when I'm compiling a message. In other browsers its fine.

Moving on a few more weeks, I move countries and noticed the flash on another site I visited which was odd. Something told me to look at the firewall and it was off, screensharing was on and a few other settings (maybe VNC). Bluetooth was also on. I also didn't have a password on my computer for ease of use. I KNOW HOW SILLY but hey I've learnt. There was no evidence of anyone watching my screen (no icons), no applications asking to join my network etc.

Anyway I put on a good password, stopped screensharing and tightened everything up as much as I know how. I use littlesnitch but don't know what to look for! I've been researching for weeks for the answers. I have read that activity monitor can show some keyloggers but again I don't know what to look for so I'm going to post it here and hope you all can help me....

activitymonitor.jpg

OP
J
Reaction score
Also

We banned this guy off our website (for good reason) and he is very angry and made a website basically about slandering me and my partner so I'm wondering if he was to post screenshots/remote viewing video on his site, can I get it taken down and how do you recommend I do so?

Thanks! Just trying to be prepared.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
With all due respect for the OP ..... I think you are trying to tell us something but I am not getting it.
Very difficult to provide feedback based on that information.

The only way to ensure your machine is clean is to copy your data, wipe the machine and reinstall the OS.
Then re-install the apps. from their original media, apply all patches for the applications and restore your data.
Having said that, the information you put up here is not clear enough so, the re-install may not even be needed ( because nothing is wrong to start with )

If that person is invading your privacy, then you should use the applicable law in your country/state to address the issue.

My 2 cents.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
J
Reaction score
Hey I appreciate you getting back to me and giving me that feedback. I am not tech savy and tried to explain what has happened as well as I could, that being said what extra info do you need?

I'm not sure how to do the wipe and reinstall. Is there a good article you can link to or step by step directions you can give me?

Did you see anything suspicious in my activity monitor screenshot?

Would be great if you could comment on whether any the info I shared was suspicious.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Sorry about your stress.

Redoing the computer is just a few hours work. But if this is new to you, have someone local help you out.

Nothing like peace of mind!

Reaction score
I'd also recommend to reset all possible passwords to reasonably long, alpha numeric ones (letters, numbers, special characters) so they'd be harder to guess by a 3rd person.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
exactly - that´s a good point... resetting all passwords. many people just use name number or something but better is to use something with symbols and number like ZUhj87$%&7 - everything mixed without making sense.
i recently got my online shop hacked and money forwarded to another paypal account (where paypal did not consider to give the money back...) although they just had it there. the online world is tricky and the best is to adapt to it and do not trust anyone you don't know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.