Programming Language Enviroment

Reaction score
Hi~

I am going to buy a Mac book air currently.

I am a programmer, I wish Mac could be my best programming suit.

I had seen some information on the Internet said that Mac has some programming environments built-in, such as gcc (C/C++), Java, Perl, Python, Ruby...etc. But I wonder that how much and which programming language runtime environments are install initially in Mac OS?

OP
V
Reaction score
Hi~

I am going to buy a Mac book Air currently. I wish it could be the best tool for me.

I am a programmer, I had known that Mac OS has some programming language runtime environment built-in, such as gcc(C/C), Java, Perl, Python, Ruby,...etc. But I wonder that how much and which programming language runtime environments are built-in initially in Mac OS?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads: please refrain from crossposting (posting the same question in multiple places).

Python, Ruby and Perl are all pre-installed. Java is no longer pre-installed but can be easily downloaded. The GNU compiler tools are also not pre-installed but will be when you install Apple's Xcode developer tools.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks~

My browser was pausing in a waiting loop for a while, and then I refresh the page again making the mistake. I'll be careful next time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.