Font Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I would like to make a font of my own hand writing. I know I would need a Wacom tablet and photoshop (already have PS). How exactly would I go about doing this?

--Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Fontifier

Check it out. Download a template, make all of your characters, e-mail it back and they make the entire thing for you...

I really don't know how other than this.

Good Luck! :mac:

OP
Benjamindaines
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
surfwax95 said:
Fontifier

Check it out. Download a template, make all of your characters, e-mail it back and they make the entire thing for you...

I really don't know how other than this.

Good Luck! :mac:
I don't really want to have to pay for it (yes I know not wanting to pay 9$ makes me sound cheep). I can borrow a Wacom tablet from a friend to do this so I think that would be a better way to do it.

L

lil

What about FontForge for X11?

Not at all Apple standard compliant but very competent and I use it. Also to convert fonts from TTF/OTF etc. to Type 1 and you can create fonts too, it may take some time as I am not sure how it would interact with the Wacom tablet.

http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/

It's free, and it works. Ise it mostly for converting fonts suitable for TeX/LaTeX.

Fontforge Screenshot

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I know macromedia makes a program called fontographer. I used it once and it worked fine. It kind of lookd like the fontforge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.