Reaction score
I have MS office on my PC I can export a PST file with all my addresses in it,

How do I import the address - PST file into the MAIL on my iMAC

Many Thanks
Gerald H

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
My advice is to use more detailed and meaningful titles for your posts in the future.

OP
W
Reaction score
I don't know where you are coming from, What is wrong with the title - PLEASE ADVISE - then my question the the main body of the enquiry.

You have not given me a solution to my question so I assume you are just being rude.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't know where you are coming from, What is wrong with the title - PLEASE ADVISE -

The issue with the title "Please Advise"...is it's not very descriptive. Just like:

- Help!
- Help Help!!
- Urgent Help Needed
- Need Help ASAP
- etc. etc.

All of these titles are VERY non-descritpive. We get 100's & 100's of posts/day. When members are looking thru a long list of thread titles to examine & reply to...many look for thread titles that interest them, or are issues they feel they can help with.

If a title is "non-descriptive"...it is very possible that it will be over-looked and not responded to. Descriptive titles get more attention!!!:)

- Nick

OP
W
Reaction score
I just don't see your problem

If a new member is asking - HELP - PLEASE ADVISE etc etc

What is the problem???

Surely as a long standing member you could pick up on a nrew member asking for help

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I think we need to move past concerns with the title here.

It might be easier if you exported all of your contacts into a more "universal" format. Can you export your contacts to a CSV file?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD

What is the problem???

Surely as a long standing member you could pick up on a nrew member asking for help

As a brand new member, you could possibly be a little more patient and accepting in hearing advice.
Most of us that have been here a while start by looking for new posts. In that view all we see is the thread title and the poster, no other info on the poster is shown, so unless we recognize that you are new (and we have a lot of members) we have no way of knowing if you are a new member needing help.

Hence, thread titles are a big benefit -- just something to know in future.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

What is the problem???

I really don't mean to belabor the point. But you really have no idea how many new threads asking for help we get/day...and you really have no real idea of how many new members we get/day or per week.

We try to help everyone equally as best we can (new or veteran member):)...but sometimes some threads can get over-looked (and sometimes may receive no answers)...so descriptive titles are best!:)

Also (in case there's any confusion)...all of us here are Mac-Forums are volunteers.:) So you "Catch more flies with honey...than you do with vinegar!";)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You have not given me a solution to my question so I assume you are just being rude.
That would be an incorrect assumption. I was trying to be helpful. I had no clue what your subject was, but opened the thread anyway to see if I could help. Not knowing anything about the actual question you posed, the advise I gave was the best I could do.

But now, back to the only post that tried to address the question:
I think we need to move past concerns with the title here.

It might be easier if you exported all of your contacts into a more "universal" format. Can you export your contacts to a CSV file?

How about it? If that's something you're not familiar with, ask for more information in this thread. Eventually, you should get to a solution.

OP
W
Reaction score
PLEASE ADVISE - time to move on

Out of all the people answering my query for help there was only one guy (VANSMITH) who actually answered my question the rest of you guys just slated me for not putting up the correct title, when I posted my question as someone completely new to the forum I was not aware that a detailed title was needed, I belong to an Archery club and if any of our members put up a thread asking - PLEASE ADVISE - we would know that the person was wanting advice and we would react to the request, the initial reply from toMACsh to my post thought was rude, why diddnt he explain instead of being a T___
Time for me to move on - I think in future it may be best to direct all my questions to my local APPLE store.

Many Thanks to VANSMITH - your reply was helpful I have managed to export/import the CSV file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, 13 MacBook Pro, 11" MacBook Air, 64G iPad, iPhone 4
Not a solution, just another comment on thread titles.

I pressed this link by accident but I would not normally bother with Please Help, What Should I Do type of threads. I click on threads that either offer a solution to something I have a problem with or something I have an answer for.

How hard can it be to title an enquiry something like " Problem with Mac keyboard". I also cannot see why the poster cannot accept helpful advice.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I think its time to stop the comments on thread titles now. Any future posters, please keep your posts relevant to the actual topic of this thread.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Many Thanks to VANSMITH - your reply was helpful I have managed to export/import the CSV file
No worries. CSV files are pretty universal - most contact applications can work with them so if you can, use that as an export format.

I think its time to stop the comments on thread titles now. Any future posters, please keep your posts relevant to the actual topic of this thread.
Agreed and this was the case ages ago. The point was made (we were all new at some point) early in the thread but kept being made for no apparent or productive reason. The only consequence of the continual "you did it wrong" posting was to make a new member feel unwelcome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.