Mac's Mail Program Sending E-mail As SPAM

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a macbook pro I purchased over the summer-- I linked my google e-mail account in the mail client. I've been hearing a lot that my e-mails are ending up in people's SPAM folders. The problem does not seem to happen if I send e-mail from the google website directly, nor did it happen when I used the same e-mail address on the mail client on my older 2008 macbook.

Has anyone had this problem as well? Any suggestions for how I might be able to better prevent this or is it more likely to be on gmail's end?

Thanks in advance! ;P

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's possible your eMail password was compromised and now a robot is using your address to send spam mail. This happens quite often when using a weak or easy to guess password. Delete your old GMail account, open a new one and assign it a difficult to guess password that includes numbers, characters, and letters.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.