Software Update Imac

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forum and new to Mac's but have my first issue today with my Imac 2011 27 inch.

Have downloaded software updates succesfully for the past 3 months. Since yesterday, although I have 4 updates when I click on Software Update, the loading bar just loads upto about a fifth of the way and stay's there.

Is this an issue anyone has come across in the past few days as I can't find anything on the Apple website. Cant work out if its my system or Apple issue?

I am using OS X 10.7.3. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Macca

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
It's your Mac.
Boot from the recovery partition by holding option key after gong on startup and choosing it, or, by pressing command-r immediately after gong sound.
Use Disk Utility to repair the hard drive (the normal startup volume) and repair permissions.

Then start normal and try Software Update.

OP
M
Reaction score
After reading on some other forums then found out other users have had the exact same issue in the past couple of days. Now thinking that maybe an issue with Apple.

Anyone else had these issues?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
After reading on some other forums then found out other users have had the exact same issue in the past couple of days. Now thinking that maybe an issue with Apple.

Why don't you try what member "gsahli" suggested first and then let us know if it worked or not? After which we can try something else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.