Mouse Sensitivity

Reaction score
Hi All,

One of my users at work is having issues when scrolling through slides within Powerpoint 2011 on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3. The sensitivity of the mouse causes a huge jump in slides when the user wants to edit one in particular.

I've advised him to amend the tracking settings within System Preferences to a slower speed, to no avail.

As a temporary solution, the user can use the scroll bar however this will be become slightly tedious.

Are there any other settings that could be ammended?

Cheers.

Colesy

Reaction score
Hi All,

One of my users at work is having issues when scrolling through slides within Powerpoint 2011 on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3. The sensitivity of the mouse causes a huge jump in slides when the user wants to edit one in particular.

I've advised him to amend the tracking settings within System Preferences to a slower speed, to no avail.

As a temporary solution, the user can use the scroll bar however this will be become slightly tedious.

Are there any other settings that could be ammended?

Cheers.

Colesy
Hi there,

What I would advise is that your colleague downloads an app called "Magic Prefs". I find that it gives me even greater control over the mouse sensitivity than the standard control panel does in System settings.

I've attached a couple of screenies to show you what I have my rodent's pointer speed set to. :)

I hope this info helps. :D

MagicPrefs settings.jpg

Mouse settings.jpg

OP
Colesy
Reaction score
Hi there,

What I would advise is that your colleague downloads an app called "Magic Prefs". I find that it gives me even greater control over the mouse sensitivity than the standard control panel does in System settings.

I've attached a couple of screenies to show you what I have my rodent's pointer speed set to. :)

I hope this info helps. :D

Thanks for your help. I'll ask my colleague to download the app and take it from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.