Can not Open doc or docx file in my ipad2

Reaction score
Hi,
I got a problem with my macbookpro when I sent a file (doc or docx file ) from my macbookpro through my yahoo email or gmail as attachement. It would not be opened on my Ipad 2. Can somebody help me? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Jamz

Ps. Ouppss sorry I was in wrong room. Sorry I am a new member here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you explain exactly what you're doing on your iPad and where it's stopping/erroring etc?

As the attachment should appear at the bottom of the email, you touch it to download it, then it should open and display.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thak you for yr prompt response,
I downloaded from my email, but it said DOWLOADED FAIL - safari cannot download this file

Thanks

Jamz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
This may be a silly question but you do have a working internet connection on your iPad when trying this don't you?

Assuming you do, can you send yourself another couple of emails with different sorts of attachments - maybe an image and another with a text or rtf document and see if they work

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks Mrplow,

Yes, I had a working internet connection.
I could open .pdf file and havent tried it yet for .rtf.
Also, I just tried sending an attachment from my old file (.doc) it is fine. but my new file ( which I typed from my mackbookpro) either I saved to.doc or docx. it doesn't work.

Thank you.

Jamz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Mrplow,

Yes, I had a working internet connection.
I could open .pdf file and havent tried it yet for .rtf.
Also, I just tried sending an attachment from my old file (.doc) it is fine. but my new file ( which I typed from my mackbookpro) either I saved to.doc or docx. it doesn't work.

Thank you.

Jamz

check you can still open it OK on your MBP, then save and send it again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.