Imac 20 (2008) Should I buy it?

Reaction score
One tip I'm going to ask:
I am interested in buying a used Imac 20 (eBay).
Model 2008 and just won an auction for $ 878.
Judging by the photos, belongs to an older man (looks at his reflection in the screen) which gave it a home use.

Features>
PROCESSOR INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2G
RIGID: 250 GB
Memory 4GB (calculation that should be expanded because if I remember the original came with 2Gb)
SUPER DRIVE RECORDER
VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT 128 MB
MAC OSX LEOPARD SNOW PROGRAM OFICE 2011
WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MOUSE

I'm not sure how today would cost a mac with these characteristics. I'd just like to know your opinion.

Greetings and thanks for being in touch!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One tip I'm going to ask:
I am interested in buying a used Imac 20 (eBay).
Model 2008 and just won an auction for $ 878.

The thread title says..."Imac 20 (2008) Should I buy It?"...but the post says..."...just won an auction for $878".

So what is it...?? Has this iMac been purchased yet or not? If it has been purchased for $878...WOW...somebody paid WAY TOO MUCH for it. It's probably worth more like $500...maybe less!

And it doesn't matter if those $$$...are Australian dollars, Canadian dollars, or US dollars!!!;)

- Nick

OP
E
Reaction score
The thread title says..."Imac 20 (2008) Should I buy It?"...but the post says..."...just won an auction for $878".

So what is it...?? Has this iMac been purchased yet or not? If it has been purchased for $878...WOW...somebody paid WAY TOO MUCH for it. It's probably worth more like $300...maybe less!

And it doesn't matter if those $$$...are Australian dollars, Canadian dollars, or US dollars!!!;)

- Nick

lol
The fact is that I'm living in the very south of Argentina. I just won an auction but in the course of the auction, I made a couple of questions to the owner which are unanswered. These responses will help me decide better.
Obviously and unfortunately the prices in Argentina are much more expensive than in USA. What really matters is your opinion on the machine.
A good friend told me today that the number of Imac (those of 2008) did not go well.
If anyone has one or has heard about it I would like to know

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Obviously and unfortunately the prices in Argentina are much more expensive than in USA. What really matters is your opinion on the machine.

You should have mentioned that earlier!;) This is a world-wide internet forum...and saying $878 can be confusing if we don't know the exact currency we are talking about.:) Lots of currencies around the world use the $$$ sign.

A good friend told me today that the number of Imac (those of 2008) did not go well.
If anyone has one or has heard about it I would like to know

For the right price (and if I needed a computer)...I would certainly buy a 2.0ghz, 20" iMac, Intel Core 2 Duo, and 4gig of ram. It's a fine computer!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And before the seller ships it, or you pick it up, ask for and insist on the original system install discs to access Apple Hardware Test etc.

OP
E
Reaction score
And before the seller ships it, or you pick it up, ask for and insist on the original system install discs to access Apple Hardware Test etc.

The problem is that the owner lives far away and I have access to an AHT.
He would send the machine (with deposit banking which includes shipping and insurance) with original disks, etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well good lucy with freight. The last, and final, G5 Quad Core I sent across Australia was delivered in five separate pieces. Make sure it is insured by the seller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.