MacBook Pro OSX Lion "Black Bars" Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Eight-Core "Westmere" Mid 2010 Model
Hi Mac-Forums!

I recently updated to the newest OSX Lion update and when I rebooted my computer I got these strange "Widescreen" black bars on the top and bottom of my screen. It only happens when booting up and you see the pinwheel. When it finishes, it returns to normal size and sends me to the login screen. I'm wondering if this is a normal thing that came with the update or if something is wrong with my video card. Here are the images:

MZPlu.jpg

b490S.jpg

Is anyone else having this problem? My friends aren't having this problem and they updated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Black Bars Issue

I have this exact issue as well. I am running Mountain Lion, but am not sure when the issue started. This is the first mention that I have found of the same issue that I am having, so I am hoping someone knows the solution.

Reaction score
Fixed!

System Preferences - Displays - Change from "Scaled" to "Best for built-in display".

Fixed my problem, hopefully it will do the same for you!

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Eight-Core "Westmere" Mid 2010 Model
I have this exact issue as well. I am running Mountain Lion, but am not sure when the issue started. This is the first mention that I have found of the same issue that I am having, so I am hoping someone knows the solution.

I was also able to resolve the issue by doing a PRAM Reset as well as an SMC Reset. It managed to fix all of the problems I was having including the black bars.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.