MacBook Pro box confusion

Reaction score
Hello,

im very confused beacuse of macbook pro boxes. I just saw someone is selling his new macbook pro 13 i5 which im very intrested in. But when I saw the photo of box I was confused. He said his macbook is the latest, on his box there is macbook with that galaxy background and on others I see on internet there is that pink-black background. So which macbook is the latest or there is just difference between operating system? Please help me...

That is his macbook box and that galaxy background
1.jpg

And that is macbook box I see on internet that pink-black background
2.jpg

Best regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
The first picture shows Lion, the second shows Snow Leopard.

I'm basing that on the contents of the dock.

But what you're best getting from the seller is the exact model number so you can check exactly what your buying rather than from box pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
If the picture is the exact box that the seller has, then that is indeed a MacBook Pro with Lion installed.

The second one you posted, is Snow Leopard. As our good friend, Mr Plow, pointed out.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
im very confused beacuse of macbook pro boxes. I just saw someone is selling his new macbook pro 13 i5 which im very intrested in. But when I saw the photo of box I was confused. He said his macbook is the latest, on his box there is macbook with that galaxy background and on others I see on internet there is that pink-black background. So which macbook is the latest or there is just difference between operating system? Please help me...

Two things:

1. Be consistent with your wording. You mentioned MacBook Pro 2x in your post...and then mentioned MacBook 3x in your post. These are two very different computers..and the "latest" Macbook Pro...and the "latest" MacBook are not the same.

2. The e-Bay sellers description could be incorrect...and using incorrect terminology can lead to confusion (see comment #1)!;)

Why not contact the e-Bay seller for clarification??:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.