Internal system sounds playing through headphones AND internal mic.

Reaction score
So I'm having a huge issue where I'm on calls in Skype, GTM, or WebEx and have headphones in, and everyone can hear all of the system noises (email, IM, etc.) that come through my headphones. I can understand the mic picking up those system noises if I didn't have headphones plugged in, but the person physically next to me can't hear the noises! I don't want people on the phone to hear these noises too.

The noises playing through my headphones are also playing through the mic.

I went into System Preferences to check out my audio settings and I found that it wasn't Skype. All of the noises that came into my headphones were also being played through the internal mic. All I want is the mic to pick up external noise (my voice) and not noises that are played internally.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party app or OS setting to turn off the internal mic from picking up silent, system sounds. It doesn't make sense at all why the mic would be engineered to grab these sounds as well.

FYI I'm using 10.7.3, the Macbook Pro is brand new.

Thanks,
Derek

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.