Grinding Noise?

Z

zer0cach3

I have the new model 15" 1.67ghz powerbook g4 hi-res.
I have had the laptop for a couple months now, and everytime i boot up there is a loud grinding noise, i can't pinpoint where its coming from but it almost sounds like it is coming from the cd-rom, but there is no cd in the cd-rom.

Usually the grinding noise is when your HD is about to die. But, this only does it at the boot up, and is coming from the right side of the laptop. Any Suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5 17 inch w/ 1 gig of ram, 6 gb ipod mini, and 12" Powerbook G4
Hey, this is a normal noise, the cd-rom is springloaded and when you power the machine on or wake it from sleep it pushes the spring back mine does it to, and its pretty loud!

OP
Z

zer0cach3

Conehead778 said:
Hey, this is a normal noise, the cd-rom is springloaded and when you power the machine on or wake it from sleep it pushes the spring back mine does it to, and its pretty loud!

thanks i am happy to hear that.

OP
C

coolemt

Funny cause you answered the question i was to scared to ask. Thought i was hearing things..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.