Bootable USB HDD help?

Reaction score
Hello all,

It's a long story, but in short

I installed Windows on my mac. Went onto Windows, installed the drivers, but I couldn't see my Mac OS X partition, so I went to disk utility, gave it a drive letter, and all the Mac files were gone -__-

When restarting Mac it still thinks Mac OS is there (you know the option key, which gives you boot drives).

I put the Mac OS X disk in, and well it became 'corrupt' but I have an ISO of the disk, so was wondering if there's a way to boot from an External HDD and install Mac OS X that way.

The OS is snow leopard ;)

Please try and help :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You need to partition the drive (one partition will do) but you have to make sure the drive has a GUID partition map (it's in the partition options) to make the drive bootable

OP
H
Reaction score
You need to partition the drive (one partition will do) but you have to make sure the drive has a GUID partition map (it's in the partition options) to make the drive bootable

Could you possibly help me, as I'm used to the Mac Disk Utility and the Windows one scares me haha :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.