Disabling name in Track Changes for Word 2011?

Reaction score
This is really frustrating. I have to edit a document with track changes for class, and Word insists on including my first and last name in each track change. It needs to be anonymous, though. Any thoughts on how I can do this? All the info on the web is for older versions of Word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
If you go to Preferences - Output and Sharing - Track Changes, do you have the last check box selected - "include reviewer, time stamp and action buttons"? If so I would uncheck this and see if it solves the problem...

dbj

Reaction score
I am having this problem too. Am trying to change user identity for tracking changes. Have gone to Preferences>User identity and changed it there. Have unchecked time stamp in Tracking Changes. And still my previously registered name comes up in the edits.
I also sometimes get an Outlook message saying "Please Upgrade the Office Database." I don't use Outlook, don't want to go through a huge upgrade/rebuild. Just want to change my name in one document.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I had the same problem like dbj. I solved it by starting the Outlook upgrade. Afterwards I could change my name via Preferences<User Information and Word would finally save it.

All the best

Julia

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.