Mac Mini Turns On then Back off before booting up

Reaction score
I have tried, holding down the apple + v key and I have a photo of what the screen says, but I don't understand it.

I have also unplugged the cord, pressed power button for 10 seconds then plugged it up and released power button, but it still does the same thing.

I have never had any problems with my Mini and I have loved it for a long time. Can someone please help me?

I can email a picture of the screen I photographed.

Thanks,
Michelle :-/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Is it a dark gray screen that says in several languages "you have to restart the computer?"
That is called a Kernel Panic.
Since it happens immediately, it is almost certainly a hardware problem. The first thing that gets tested is RAM, so maybe you'll get lucky and it's just a bad RAM DIMM.
Please tell us the exact model of mini. Probably on the label on the bottom or back.

OP
S
Reaction score
This is the picture of what I took from holding down the apple and v keys

Please help

OP
S
Reaction score
Is it a dark gray screen that says in several languages "you have to restart the computer?"
That is called a Kernel Panic.
Since it happens immediately, it is almost certainly a hardware problem. The first thing that gets tested is RAM, so maybe you'll get lucky and it's just a bad RAM DIMM.
Please tell us the exact model of mini. Probably on the label on the bottom or back.

Mac Mini 1.5 intel solo/512/60/combo/ap/bt Year 2006

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
OK - got your email with the screen pic. That's not what I thought - it's called booting in Darwin mode.
Have you allowed your Mac to shut down completely? (not restart, but shut down off)

Do that, and then after thirty seconds, start it and immediately hold down simultaneously the command - option - p - r keys (yes, 4 keys at once). If you do it right, you'll hear the startup gong sound repeat.

Does it complete startup now?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.