itunes to SD card/random order

Reaction score
I have a car that will play music stored on an SD card. I am able to copy playlists from my itunes library on my MacBook to an SD card, but the songs on the playlist appear in random order in the playlist folders I've created on my desktop. When I copy the folders to the SD card, the song order is random as well. The folders appear as playlists on my car's audio system, the songs play just fine, but I cannot reorder the songs as they appear in my itunes playlist library.

Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not double post. Give time for your post to show up before posting again. The duplicate has been removed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Are they being sorted in alphabetical/numerical order? Nothing you'll be able to do about that, other than renaming the songs.

OP
J
Reaction score
alfa

Well now isn't that interesting. Thanks for your help. They are in alfa order, hadn't noticed that. Some have a track # attached and those are filed numerically. I guess I could number the titles in the order I want or just pretend I'm on shuffle.

Is this a Mac thing or is it an SD thing? How is this different than burning a CD? I can get the order I want when burning CD's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Its a computer thing. Most operating systems put things in alphabetical/numerical order. You can sort CDs because that's not something that the OS controls, and the devs writing the software know that people will make mix cds.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the help and the information

I appreciate it

JB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.