iPhone and iPad not showing attachments in mail since update to iOS5.1?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz i5, iPad 2 32gb
Hi I have both an iPhone 4S ans iPad 2, and recently they have both stopped,showing attachements received in emails. I have absolutely no idea why this is happening, the attachments are definitely there, there is the paper clip so the phone knows they are there, but there is no option to open any attachments.

Can anyone help with this?

Reaction score
Hi I have both an iPhone 4S ans iPad 2, and recently they have both stopped,showing attachements received in emails. I have absolutely no idea why this is happening, the attachments are definitely there, there is the paper clip so the phone knows they are there, but there is no option to open any attachments.

Can anyone help with this?

It's interesting you'd post this as just today my wife forwarded a pic of some kids at an orphanage in Belize we work with. It showed up on my iPad indicating an attachment, but there was no pic or file to select to display.
mathews_dontknow.gif

I hope you get your solution soon so I can steal it!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.4ghz i5, iPad 2 32gb
It's interesting you'd post this as just today my wife forwarded a pic of some kids at an orphanage in Belize we work with. It showed up on my iPad indicating an attachment, but there was no pic or file to select to display.
mathews_dontknow.gif

I hope you get your solution soon so I can steal it!

so do I as this is extremely annoying as i run a business and this sort of thing is vital for me.

Reaction score
so do I as this is extremely annoying as i run a business and this sort of thing is vital for me.

Fortunately for most, this must be an isolated incident as checking the apple support forums didn't turn up anything for me and there's no one else chiming in here.

Out of curiosity, you don't happen to be using a mail account hosted through g-mail do you? I did notice on my phone that my previous mail settings on my phone were not working correctly, either. My IMAP settings were not retrieving mail, so I had to delete a couple of my accounts on my phone and reinstall them yesterday to get them up and running.

Not sure if it's related or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.