Screen Problems

Reaction score
Greetings!
Before I ask my question, let me just say: "Have mercy on a very senior Switcher - a 64 year old Granny."

My Macbook Pro is doing weird things. I have a one inch black stripe down either side of my screen. I've tried changing the resolution by starting at the bottom of the list and working my way up, but it didn't help. I also have a blue/green line which has suddenly appeared on my menu bar and goes halfway across right to left.

Any help would be appreciated.

Granna
:Grimmace:

C

chas_m

Bah! 64 is a spring chicken! :)

You've done nearly all the things I would have suggested, but here's one last thing to try before taking it to the shop:

Restart the Mac and hold down the command, option (the two keys to the left of the spacebar, P and R keys (yes, all four, it will be quite tricky!) until you hear the Mac restart at least three times, then let go.

If that doesn't fix the problem, it will need professional help.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
Moved to "Apple Notebooks".

OP
G
Reaction score
Bah! 64 is a spring chicken! :)

You've done nearly all the things I would have suggested, but here's one last thing to try before taking it to the shop:

Restart the Mac and hold down the command, option (the two keys to the left of the spacebar, P and R keys (yes, all four, it will be quite tricky!) until you hear the Mac restart at least three times, then let go.

If that doesn't fix the problem, it will need professional help.

LOL thanks Chas_m, some days 64 feels like 100. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I fell down the front steps (one of those times when I feel like 100)
I tried the four key option, but nothing happened, so I went back to the control panel and tried the different resolutions again and wa-la - we have liftoff! So thank you very much for your help. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I struggle through the switch :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.