Google Earth

Reaction score
I have tried to download Google Earth onto my Imac. Although the programme installs, I cannot get it to run.

Any ideas anyone?

PDS

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It would help us if you stated which iMac you have. Google Earth will not run on a PPC iMac - it's Intel only and requires at least OS X Leopard. That's why when you post a question on this forum or any forum for that matter, it's important to also post the specs for your system.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It would also help if we had some error messages and some sense of the steps you've taken so far to fix the problem.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you for replying to my query.

My system is OS X leopard. My Imac is only 2 months old.
After downloading the software when you go to 'Downloads' there are 2 Google Earth icons there. The first is 'Start Google Earth in Direct X mode' and the other Start GE in 'Open GL mode'.
If you double click on the Direct X icon Crossover opens and you then get an error message "Direct X mode not supported"
If you use the other icon "Open GE in GL mode" Crossover opens again and an error message comes up "GE.exe encountered serious problems and needs to close"

I am not sure what to do from here and would welcome your expert opinion.

Many thanks

PeterS

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You've downloaded the Windows version. Make sure to download the Mac version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.