ios 5 update

Reaction score
Hello all, I just updated to ios 5.1 on my iphone 4 (running the original ios 4)and have some questions. It seems I no longer have landscape view in any apps. Any suggestions? Also my youtube app disappeared. Any help would be appreciated.

C

chas_m

As you can probably guess, that's not supposed to happen. I would re-do the iOS 5.1 update and restore from your pre-iOS 5 backup.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the quick response chas-m. I actually tried to do that before seeking help here and couldn't figure out how to get passed the "software already up to date" screen and thought I tried a reset too, but after your reply and still not able to figure out how to reinstall the update I tried a reset on the phone again and all is well once more. Thanks for your help in a round-about way. By the way how do you reinstall update a second time.

C

chas_m

Wipe the phone and restore from a previous backup, which would re-ignite the need to update.

Glad you didn't have to go that far!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.