Battery charging problem

Reaction score
Hello

I have Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard OS, and I have some problems with battery charging: it won't charge above 35-38%. Here is coconut battery screenshot:

kba845.png

It charges normal untill 38%, and then it says "battery is not charging", and led on the magsafe is green. Battery has only 2 cycles. Resetting SMC did not help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like that battery might be new? If so, where did you buy it at? I ask because sometimes substitute batteries or ones that are less expensive than the Apple original, do not always work right.

You might also want to check the MagSafe Adapter Charger as it might not be working as it should.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It is new, and I forgot to say, it's REPLACEMENT battery.

Yes...but "chscag" asked where did you buy it or get the replacement from. If it was a free replacement..maybe it is defective...and needs to be returned for another replacement.

If another battery still has the same problem...then maybe it's the computer.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i bought it on eBay

As already mentioned...the battery could be defective. Get a refund...and purchase another battery.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.