Dual boot mac os x and windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, I just bought a copy of snow leopard in order to upgrade my powermac g5 only to realise that the mac was to old for snow leopard. Now, what I was going to ask for here was if there is any way to install the os on my stationary PC. I also don't want to install it over my windows 7, so if someone has a solution to this please let me know.
I've looked in to this dual booting thing a little bit, but as far as I've seen its only possible to install a cracked version of the os not a "legal" one.
My computer has intel and 8 gb RAM so it should be compatible with the snow leopard os, and if it helps my computer also have two hard-drives with 1 tb each where one is set as local disc with a 100 gb set off to the c: drive and the other HDD is set to storage( backups, etc...). Maybe it would be possible to set one hard-drive to hold the mac os?
Please let me know if there is a solution to my problem,
Thanks ;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple operating systems can only be installed on genuine Apple hardware. What you're proposing to do would be against the Apple EULA and is known as a Hackintosh. Sorry, no help from these forums. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.