• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Black Friday Sale have been posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I just bought .Mac. I have to renew in a few months and it's on sale for $31 cheaper so I figured why not? :)

S

sursuciofla

Too bad students don't benefit. Some items that you wouldn't normally get a student discount like very small ticket definately but for the major things it is Black Friday everyday for me like if I bought an iMac or iPod, et cetera. And since I have no reason to buy any of that other stuff I am pretty disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Yea well i just bought an ibook from there, and they confirmed my order then halted it, saying the billing and shipping address' had to be the same...this is BS if you ask me. Im cancelling the order, ill walk into the store when i get home to buy it. Just tryin to make it easier on myself and not have to walk into a store. Since when does the billing and shipping address' have to be the same?

D

DigitalN.

oh my goodness, an iBook for 100 bucks off? I guess I better get one now that my G3 is ****ed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well make sure you have the same billing and shipping address...or walk in the store. Or your order wont go through like mine didnt.... Im soo Hyped bout this. its Redicilus!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Make a phone call to Apple. They should be able to accommodate you. You could be buying a gift for someone.

S

sursuciofla

maz94protege said:
Yea well i just bought an ibook from there, and they confirmed my order then halted it, saying the billing and shipping address' had to be the same...this is BS if you ask me. Im cancelling the order, ill walk into the store when i get home to buy it. Just tryin to make it easier on myself and not have to walk into a store. Since when does the billing and shipping address' have to be the same?

My billing address is my Mother's and I live in a different city and Apple always sent me my stuff without a problem. So I am stumped on your situation. I do know that a lot of places do that now for added security against identity theft.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
YEa im in the military and deployed, so i cant really call anyone, I had my fiancee back home call them to cancel. i wasnt in the mood to have her go through the trouble of changing the address' etc. Sucks but oh well. ill go into Apple Store when i get home and get it over the counter.

C

camelian

So is the $100 off ibook only good for a few more hours? I'm guessing the price will be regular in apple stores tomorrow

T

TheTKDKid

I ordered an Airport Express Base Station for $98 US and got free shipping. Regular price is $129. If I can still calculate perdcentages properly by hand, this equates to about 41% off. :ninja:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
TheTKDKid said:
I ordered an Airport Express Base Station for $98 US and got free shipping. Regular price is $129. If I can still calculate perdcentages properly by hand, this equates to about 41% off. :ninja:

Sorry, but I beg to differ. The Airport Express usually has free shipping since it's over $50, and reducing the price from $129 to $98 is a 25% reduction.

But it's OK... I used a calculator so I kinda cheated :batman:

S

sursuciofla

camelian said:
So is the $100 off ibook only good for a few more hours? I'm guessing the price will be regular in apple stores tomorrow

If you are a student it is always Black Friday.

T

TheTKDKid

sevenhelmet said:
Sorry, but I beg to differ. The Airport Express usually has free shipping since it's over $50, and reducing the price from $129 to $98 is a 25% reduction.

But it's OK... I used a calculator so I kinda cheated :batman:

OK, OK, I should have used a calculator too! Every now and then I still like to do math by hand to make sure I still can. Apparently, I need a lot more practice! :)

S

sursuciofla

Black Friday is from the red (losses) to the black (profits). Sattirical term for businesses actually which like pointed out by someone earlier is the busiest shopping day of the year, not the most profitable though. That comes around the few days leading up to X-Mas. It is also called Blitz Day because it is a rush out there.

Yesterday this tnuc wouldn't let me onto the Route because it was so packed and she thought I was trying to cut in, however I had just gotten gas and was just trying to get back on the road. I hate Black Friday with a passion and I actually hate the weeks leading up to Christmas because most people become donkey holes. If we get back to what Christmas is supposed to be about I will be so happy. I am sure my middle finger will get plenty of exercise over the next few weeks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.