Deleting photos from iPad/ Photostream on new IOS 5.1, still not happening for me?!

Reaction score
Hi there, this is my 1st thread and I'm just going crazy with NOT being able to delete photos from my iPad?!
It seems that these photos were in iPhoto, that were scanned in on my mac and now they just sit in my photos on my iPad and just won't delete at all?
I have deleted them from iPhoto and emptied the trash and they are not traceable at all.
It's like they are stuck in no mans land, but a small issue has become something that's driving me crazy!!!?!
So when I see the new update IOS 5.1 and it says that you can now delete photos from Photostream I thought that all my problems are now solved but...... No

Please help fellow mac pals.

Also does anyone know if you can go from, tiger - lion, or, tiger - snow leopard?

Cheers
Damo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forum.

I take it these are in synced libraries not Photostream or the camera roll?
If you connect your iPad to iTunes, go to the photo tab and untick 'sync photos'. Then sync your iPad. This should remove them.

You can't go tiger - Lion (unless you buy Lion on a USB stick and do a clean install).
You can go from Tiger to SnowLeopard so long as you have the Snow Leopard Retail disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.