Just can't access photo library on iPhone from Mac system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 17", MB Air 13" 1.7Ghz Core i7, iMac 27" 3.1Ghz, iPhone 5, couple iPad 2s and a 3 + 20 more
Blowing my mind

Having some issues accessing or even finding the photos stored on my device.

iPhone 4S iOS 5.1

Image Capture only sees the "Camera Roll" (500 or so pictures in there) but I can't access anything else.

Here's how my Photo Library is structured on my device:

Camera Roll (518)
Photo Library (2,385)
Old Camera (741)
Old Library (1,644)

I can't access the last three using Image Capture, iPhoto - can't even find any of these photos via 3rd party file browser utilites. I've also mounted the iPhone to disk but can't find photos anywhere. (I've tried showing/hiding hidden files in OS X - still nothing)

It's strange - they're obviously on the device somewhere.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I suspect it's because the three missing libraries have been synced TO the device so it's assuming they already exist elsewhere and aren't eligible for transfer.

You could try iExplorer

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro 17", MB Air 13" 1.7Ghz Core i7, iMac 27" 3.1Ghz, iPhone 5, couple iPad 2s and a 3 + 20 more
I suspect it's because the three missing libraries have been synced TO the device so it's assuming they already exist elsewhere and aren't eligible for transfer.

You could try iExplorer

I assume the same. There's gotta be a way to pull them out. I have a dozen systems and don't remember which system I one-way "sync'd" these photos with. They're on the device - iExplorer isn't showing them anywhere. I can't even see the Camera Roll photos in iExplorer.

Must be locked/hidden

Ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You could try an app like PhotoSync

Let's you transfer over wifi

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK I found them in the /PhotoData/Sync folder. Now I have to figure out how to remove certain "Libraries" on the Device and leave only the Camera Roll

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Check to see if they are listed in the iTunes photo tab in which case you can just untick them ans resync.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm good now thanks

Only Camera Roll left

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For the benefit of others finding this can you post the solution that worked please?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.